Mark is based in Barcelona, but works with different clients all over the world as a freelance writer & PR consultant.
One role served, closer to home, is as nightlife editor for the city’s largest free monthly magazine and tourism guide for English speakers, Barcelona Connect, since 2013.
Recently, he contributed articles to The Sun newspaper UK, Decoded Magazine, The Matrix Barcelona and written for various TV programmes, online news sites, publicity campaigns and publications like the Financial Times, or The Times, and vertical sector trade journals, over the last 20 years.
He has been a broadcaster on radio stations such as RMN FM Radio Germany or Loca FM Spain, producing 1 and 2 hour shows with advanced music content and commentary.
Mark is also a freelance PR consultant. Recent projects include securing sponsorship for two major music festivals in Croatia with Pepsi Cola’s local distributor and Beck’s beer. New projects on the horizon, as well some old ones, include helping to raise the profile for one of the new medal sports teams representing TeamGB at the forthcoming Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
Before moving to Barcelona, Mark was an acting account director at the world’s largest PR consultancy, managing a pan-European network specialising in b2b communications for hi-tech clients. He also worked on special projects with its Strategic Media Group.
– global PR experience for brands like I.B.M., Intel, T-Mobile and leading Internet start-ups
– new business development and sponsorship (projects secured €50-500k)
– copywriter, including preparation of white papers, market analysis and reports
– media trainer, crisis management specialist, perception management and internal communications
– former lobbyist at Westminster Strategy, political monitoring & issues management
– experienced journalist, radio presenter and recording artist manager
– IT proficient – MS Office, Databases, AV-editing (PC or Mac)
– social media management, post copywriter – for example: